A building without windows cannot be called a dwelling house. They are necessary for lighting and ventilation of rooms. But because of the poor quality of wooden frames, popular with private builders, they will not be the best solution for a cottage. Wood due to the specific climate of the province of Alberta will quickly fail. People inside will suffer from drafts, freezing cold winter days and discomfort from constantly wet windows and mold on the windowsill.
More efficient in terms of economy and usability are windows made of polyvinyl chloride. Plastic profiles have hydrophobic properties and tolerate temperature fluctuations well. They retain their appearance and dimensions in winter and summer. Internal air chambers and multi-layer double-glazed windows prevent the dissipation of heat energy to the outside.
Canadian Canglow offers window replacement services in Red Deer. Our experts will install new frames and sashes with double-glazed windows to replace the outdated wooden structures. With our help, you will reduce your utility bills, improve the appearance of your home, and increase the comfort and safety of your home.
How to know when your windows are broken
Window frame defects are not always obvious. Often, cottage owners continue to operate them in winter and summer. They do not realize that due to loose fitting sashes and gaps, the money they pay for heating and air conditioning is simply dissipated to the street.
Thinking about installing new home windows in Red Deer should be considered when you notice these symptoms:
- Changes in the size and shape of the frame. Deformation occurs due to wood getting wet and constant temperature fluctuations. Cottage residents cannot close or open the structure without additional efforts.
Such breakages can be repaired with the help of a locksmith or carpenter. But constant repairs will sooner or later cause complete deterioration of the window. It is better to prevent it and replace the construction in advance with plastic. Investments in their purchase will pay off many times over due to savings on operation.
2. Appearance of gaps. Changes in the size of the window lead to the fact that its sash begins to fit loosely to the frame. In addition, the deformation can lead to delamination or destruction of the foam that seals the gap between the window opening strapping and the wooden structure.
Eliminating gaps may only be a temporary solution to the problem. But with the next thaw or frost, they will reappear. The inhabitants of the house will be cold because of draughts and suffer from colds.
When replacing windows, builders install frames with rubber seals. They select the dimensions of the structures so as to reduce the gap between the house wall and the plastic. As a result, the customer receives enclosing elements that separate him from the cold or heat almost hermetically.
3. Extraneous sounds when opening. The symptom of a breakdown of a plastic window in the house will be creaking, crunching, scraping when opening the window or pressing on the wooden frame. They occur due to deformation of profiles or wear and tear of fittings.
By themselves, such sounds are not harmful to anything but your mental health. But they indicate the end of the service life of the hardware. It is better to install a new window in advance, than in emergency mode to fix the breakdown in the middle of a harsh winter.
Canadian window company Canglow uses products from well-known manufacturers when manufacturing windows, which guarantees their reliability and long service life. We can install reinforced hinges that can withstand heavy sashes and protect the house from burglary.
4. Condensation and frost formation. The accumulation of moisture on the glass and its freezing in cold weather is due to the high thermal conductivity of the material. These phenomena occur due to the temperature difference between inside and outside. But the main problem is that the heat generated by heaters escapes through the glass to the outside. The owner has to spend more money to heat the house.
You can get rid of this nuisance by replacing old home windows in Red Deer. In new PVC structures, engineers install double- or triple-glazed windows. Air or argon between the panes eliminates the cold bridge that cools the room.
Installing new windows avoids mold growth. Moisture will not condense on the glass, so the humidity in your home will not increase.
Advantages of plastic windows
PVC is the most technologically advanced material for window frames and door sashes. It is adapted for use in Canadian climates and has these features:
- Last 50+ years without the need for constant repair and maintenance;
- Retain their original color, do not yellow when exposed to sunlight;
- Will not deform due to contact with moisture;
- Will not become covered with mold and mildew in damp environments.
Profiles for windows are made taking into account the requirements of international construction and sanitary norms, so their operation is completely safe.
Types of plastic windows for homes in Red Deer
Canglow Window Company is a full-service company. Our employees independently make windows from ready-made profiles of well-known brands. Technological lines allow us to make a construction of the size and shape required by the buyer.
In the catalog on the website you can see the most popular models that we offer to our customers:
You can use the search bar or filter to select the appropriate option. Managers of the customer service department will help you choose a model taking into account the architectural features of the house and customer preferences. We can realize a project of any complexity from a simple rectangular frame to an unusual triangular or arched window.
Cost of window replacement
Our specialists make an estimate for manufacturing and installation of windows for each client. Engineers make calculations after receiving the dimensions and agreeing on the characteristics of the windows. The cost of replacement depends on the customer’s wishes, location of the object, urgency of the order and other factors.
Below you can find prices for the most popular windows based on their size.
|Casement Windows||from $395|
|Single-Hung Windows||from $425|
|Double-Hung Windows||from $445|
|Bay Windows||from $2995|
|Bow Windows||from $2995|
|Awning Windows||from $395|
|Picture Windows||from $295|
|Sliding Windows||from $375|
|Hopper windows||from $395|
|Patio Doors||from $1995|
You can pay for Canglow services in a number of ways:
- Deposit from 30% upfront to start the work and pay the rest on an agreed schedule while the work is in progress.
- Use deferred and installment payments provided by financial organizations – partners of our company. More details on the terms and conditions can be found in the “Financing” section.
- Take out a loan for the purchase and installation of windows. In this case, you can pay for them within 1-2 years. All this time you will be happy to enjoy warmth in your rooms and savings on utility bills.
Our PVC windows and doors are Energy Star certified. They meet the requirements of the Government of Canada’s Residential Energy Efficiency Program. When ordering insulation, customers are eligible for a grant of up to $5,000 to offset the costs incurred.
How to order windows in Canglow
Our company provides services in Red Deer and other cities in the province of Alberta. Our office is located in Edmonton. You can visit our office to view samples of our work and complete the necessary paperwork.
You can also order services online on the website. To do this, it is enough to fill in the feedback form and receive an individual commercial offer to the specified details.
Save Up To $9,555*
Request Your Free Estimate Now & Save up to $9,555 on Your Order
Why you should order windows in Canglow:
- Our company makes its own frames, sashes and double-glazed windows. They will precisely match the dimensions of your home’s window openings and your wishes regarding appearance.
- We use only certified PVC profiles that are free of lead and other hazardous components. They are completely safe for health and the environment.
- Canglow offers a comprehensive service. We make the window, deliver it to the specified address, install it in the opening, seal the gaps, decorate the facade and jambs inside the house.
Our technicians can work at any time of the year regardless of the weather. No need to suffer from draughts or overpay for heating in cold winters. Apply online and enjoy the comfort of your home.