Windows are one of the main elements of a residential cottage. Their quantity determines the illumination of rooms during daylight hours. From the quality – energy efficiency of the house and the size of utility bills. From functionality – ease of use for ventilation.
Previously, windows in Lloydminster were only made of wood. This material is not well suited for Alberta’s climate. Because of the humidity and constant temperature fluctuations, the frames and sashes warp, no longer fit together, letting drafts in and letting heat out of the home.
Replacing old windows and doors with new PVC structures allows you to modify the building, reducing heat loss to a minimum. The relatively low cost of this modernization will save on gas and electricity bills, improve the appearance of the facade, extend the life of the building and increase the value of your property.
Canadian company Canglow offers door and window installation services in Lloydminster. We make frames and doors in-house, so they are perfectly matched to the window openings of the client’s cottage. Our builders will do the installation of the frames on site themselves. You only need to choose your favorite option and evaluate the quality of work after completion.
Why you need to replace old windows
Installing new PVC windows to replace old ones is necessary even if the frames have not yet broken completely. This will give the homeowner several advantages at once:
- Reduction of heating costs. Plastic profiles with air chambers have a low heat conductivity coefficient. The heat energy generated by the heaters will not be dissipated through them to the outside during the cold season. To maintain the desired temperature, less electricity or gas will be used, which will reduce the size of monthly heating bills.
- Creating a comfortable microclimate. By installing energy-efficient windows and doors, it will be easier for the homeowner to heat rooms in winter and cool them in summer. The climate control equipment will work with less load, which will prolong its service life.
- Health care. Plastic frames and sashes fit tightly together. Gaps at the joints are sealed with rubber bands. There will never be a draft in the house, even in strong wind blowing in the facade of the building. The occupants will not suffer from colds.
- Improving the appearance of the house. Neat white frames (or designs in other colors) look organically on the facade of a residential cottage. They enhance its perception even without additional investments in decoration. Your house will stand out on the street and become the envy of your neighbors.
- Increasing the value of real estate. The use of energy-saving technologies makes the building more attractive to potential buyers. It will be in demand, so such a house can be sold faster and more expensive.
- Reduced maintenance costs. Frames made of plastic do not need to be painted and adjusted during operation, so the owner of the cottage will not have to call locksmiths or carpenters to fix problems that arise.
If you order soon, you can qualify for the Canadian government’s Home Energy Efficiency Program. Under this offer, the government reimburses citizens for insulation costs up to $5,000.
How to choose replacement windows
The engineers and designers at Canglow Window Company have developed a line of windows and doors designed specifically for the Alberta climate. They have a beautiful appearance, blend well with architectural styles, and are suitable for window openings of all sizes.
You can see the available variants and choose the basis for your future individual project in our product catalog.
When choosing windows, special attention should be paid to the glass. Instead of a single transparent element in the frame, we install multilayer packages consisting of 2-3 layers with air pockets between them. When buying it is important to consider the following:
- Single glazing unit. It consists of two panes of glass with a layer between them. This option will cost less, but will have a greater thermal conductivity. When installing new windows in Lloydminster, it is better to install such constructions in technical and auxiliary rooms.
- Double-glazed double-glazed unit. It has three panes of glass and two air chambers. Thanks to this, there is no direct contact between the room and the street. Glasses do not fog up or freeze, and heat energy is almost never wasted.
The most energy efficient are argon filled packages. The coefficient of thermal conductivity of inert gas is lower than air, which will further increase savings on utility bills.
For convenient operation of the windows, the buyer needs to choose the method of opening. The most commonly used options are:
- Swing. The sash can only be opened horizontally to the right or left side. This model can be used in auxiliary rooms.
- Swinging and ventilation. Our craftsmen will install hardware that allows you to fully open the sash and open it vertically. A gap is formed through which air can enter the room. But it will be small enough not to cool the room.
- Pivot axis. These designs are usually used in attics when the frames are built into the roof covering. To open, the sash must be rotated around an axis, which can be in the center of the frame or shifted to the top.
- Sliding. Windows of this type are installed in living rooms, on verandas, glazed terraces. To open it is necessary to slide the sashes on the guides. The advantage of this design is that it is not necessary to leave space at the window for swinging elements.
Consultants at Canadian window company Canglow can help you choose the right model.
When replacing old windows in Lloydminster with new PVC frames, most buyers stop at white color. It is the most common and goes with any facade design style.
But a different option can be chosen on a separate order:
- uniform color from the RAL palette;
- imitation of the texture of wood, stone and other materials.
Plastic windows can have one color on the outside and another color on the inside to blend seamlessly with the interior and exterior design of the cottage.
Unlike wooden frames, which can be easily broken into mechanically, plastic frames are characterized by increased strength. When ordering the manufacture and installation of windows, it is possible to strengthen their strength with the help of burglar-resistant hardware and locks. Masters of our production shop will insert the necessary parts into the frame.
The extensive experience and knowledge of our employees as well as automated lines allow us to make frames of any size and shape from standard profiles. In addition to the classic rectangle or square, we can also order:
The dimensions of the structures will correspond exactly to the opening, as the necessary measurements are made by our specialists. This simplifies the installation of the product in the house and reduces gaps that can become cold bridges in case of insufficient sealing.
Cost of plastic windows in Lloydminster
Window and door installation costs in any city in Alberta depend on the size of the frames, type of profiles and hardware, options, location of the house and other factors.
Approximate prices for windows can be found in the table.
|Casement Windows||from $395|
|Single-Hung Windows||from $425|
|Double-Hung Windows||from $445|
|Bay Windows||from $2995|
|Bow Windows||from $2995|
|Awning Windows||from $395|
|Picture Windows||from $295|
|Sliding Windows||from $375|
|Hopper windows||from $395|
|Patio Doors||from $1995|
You can pay for the installation in full from your own funds or take advantage of financing programs from our partners. In this case, you can pay for the replacement windows within 1-2 years.
Why it’s worth ordering new windows now:
- costs for utility bills are reduced;
- improves indoor comfort in winter and summer;
- the buyer insures himself against inflation and price increases for services.
Plastic frames in a residential cottage make it attractive in appearance and increase energy efficiency. This increases the value of the property, which is important if you want to sell or rent out your home. Therefore, ordering services in Canglow can be considered an investment that will pay off many times over in any case.
How to order window installation
Canglow provides window and door replacement services in Lloydminster and other cities in Alberta. You can place an order and call a handyman online by filling out the electronic form on this page.
Save Up To $9,555*
Request Your Free Estimate Now & Save up to $9,555 on Your Order
You can also visit our Edmonton office to review proposals, study completed projects and sign a contract.